When I think of a love-hate relationship, only one thing comes to mind…exercise! Now don’t get me wrong. There are days when I am totally into it but let’s be real. Exercising gets me all sweaty, takes up free time and ruins my blowout. So, how can I lose weight/stay in-shape/be healthy if I don’t exercise? Well, it’s pretty simple. Here’s 10 easy ways to burn 200 calories without exercise.
It’s Like Science or Something
First of all, it takes approximately 3,500 calories burned to lose one pound of fat. This is the bare-bone basics. In order to lose one pound of fat in one week, you would need to burn or reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories. (3500 calories / 7 days a week = 500 calories per day) Now, you can cut back on your food calories, increase your calorie burn with exercise or a combination of both.
Theoretically, as long as you decrease your calories by 500 every day, you will lose one pound every week. ( I do need to mention for obvious reasons: the information in this blog is not to take the place of medical advice. I am only sharing what works for me. Please consult your physician prior to starting or altering your nutrition or exercise regimen. )
Now that that’s out of the way. Let’s get into it. I like to mix in sneaky little ways to burn extra calories during the day so that I don’t need to sweat out my blow-out. Here are 10 simple and easy ways to burn 200 calories without exercise.
- Drink ice cold water! Seriously?! Yes! When you drink cold water your body has to use extra calories to warm the water to body temperature. You can burn about 25 calories for every glass of cold water you drink. Just chug 8 glasses of cold water every day and you’ll easily burn an extra 200 calories! Put it in a water bottle like this one and you’ll be keeping cute and hydrated!
- Laugh. I don’t mean at this tip, I mean laugh out loud. Laughing can burn up to 40 calories in under 15 minutes. Imagine if you put on a funny movie or watched stand-up comedy? You could burn 200 calories in about an hour and a half.
- Take your pooch for a walk. Not only will your fur baby enjoy getting some fresh air but you will burn 200 calories for every one hour walk you take with your pup.
- Chew gum…all day long. It is possible to burn 200 calories by simply chewing gum for roughly 18 hours. Of course, you don’t need to chew the same piece for that long. Also, stick with sugar-free gum or you will be sacrificing some unnecessary calories that you don’t need.
- Take a nap or sleep for 3 extra hours. Not only do you burn calories while you sleep but you will also have prevented yourself from consuming calories you normally would while you were awake.
- Type 5,000 words. Yes I know that’s a lot. Maybe you have always wanted to write a short story. Well, here’s your chance to do it and burn 200 calories at the same time. Two birds, one stone.
- Get busy…and I am not talking about chores. With just one hour of sexual activity, you can easily burn 200 calories.
- Get to first base. No, no, no put down the ball and glove. I am talking about kissing. Grab your honey and make-out for 2 hours. You’ll burn 200 calories…and maybe even 400 if it leads to #7 😉
- Mop your floors and scrub your toilets! Deep cleaning your house for an hour will burn 200 calories. Plus, you’ll have a squeaky clean home to show for it. Here are the top 6 things you can do every day to keep your home clean and fresh.
- Last but not least…go shopping! Walking around a mall or pushing a cart around the grocery store are all ways that you can burn 200 calories in just a little over an hour.
There You Have It
You can use one or all of these easy ways to burn 200 calories a day without exercise. Which of these tips are you going to try? Leave a comment below so I can also share with you which one of these tips is my favorite to implement when I am trying to burn 200 calories without exercising.