Yes, really. I don’t know about you but sometimes I can’t think of anything to do to occupy my time. This is usually because I’ve done everything already like self-care, house tasks, binging on Netflix, etc. So what can you do when you get really bored and can’t think of a single thing to do and don’t want to spend any money? Here are 10 free things you can do when you’re completely bored. (some of these might surprise you!)
- Make iron on shirts using supplies you already have around your home. You will need a printer, plastic wrap, parchment paper, iron and a t-shirt.
- Print out your desired picture and make sure it fits wherever you’re going to place it.
- Place your artwork between to large pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten out any wrinkles and cut away the excess plastic wrap around your printed picture.
- Place the plastic-wrapped image face-up on your shirt and place a piece of parchment paper on top of it.
- Iron over the parchment paper for at least 3-5 minutes until you can lift the corners up and your printed picture fuses to your t-shirt.
- Create a household budget and get your finances in order instead of being bored. Here is all the info you need on how to create a super simple budget as well as free printables you can use.
- Go for a walk or ride your bike & play the ABC game. What is the ABC game, Melissa? Well let me tell you. You start with the first letter of the alphabet “A” and find something you can see that starts with that letter then you move onto the next letter “B” and continue through the alphabet. For example, you’re riding your bike and you see a Honda Accord parked in a driveway. Next, you see a lady walking her Bichon Frises just as a Cat approaches and distracts the Dog. You get the idea. We also play this game on long road trips.
- Learn origami! I found an amazing blog that shows you how to make a ton of different origami projects all geared towards beginners. Check it out here.
- Bake something! Whether it’s cookies, a cake or some other heavenly baked good, at least if you’re bored you’ll have a decadent treat to munch on.
- Watch a new movie or TV series. I don’t mean on Netflix either. Did you know that Amazon Prime has thousands of current movies and TV shows you can stream and watch at anytime? I use my Amazon Prime subscription to watch all of my favorite shows (Outlander, Black Sails) before they air on TV. I’m a total nerd, what can I say? You can get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime here! You can cancel at any time and are under no obligation to join. Why not try it out and watch whatever you want for 29 days for free before cancelling it? #savage.
- Read a book…or better yet, have one read to you! Audible is my ride or die when it comes to audio-books. They. Have. Everything. Really, they do. Sometimes, I just want to listen to a book with my eyes closed or listen to a book while I do other things. This is when Audible comes in clutch. You can try it out for yourself here. Of course, IMO nothing can compare to physically reading a book, the smell of the pages or the feel of the paper (I told you I was a nerd). So this is you too, then you can always check out Kindle Unlimited instead of heading to the bookstore. They offer unlimited reading on over 1 million ebooks that you can read on any device. Pretty snazzy, right?
- Make passive income. You’re totally bored, I get it. Why not make money while you’re bored? #winning. Here are 3 passive streams of income you can use right now to start making some cold, hard cash! Use one or use all 3 to earn some extra cash.
- Play 20 Questions. However, I play this game with a different twist using just myself and a piece of paper. I write down 20 questions that I currently have. Some examples would be, “is it better to foam roll before or after stretching?” or “when will the new season of Queen of the South air?” Then, I google each question and ta-dah! Just like that, I get answers to all of my questions. Is it weird to admit I like having answers to everything? Yes? Ok, just asking.
- Organize your phone apps. I am totally guilty of having tons of apps scattered on my phone. I literally download 3-4 apps that serve the same purpose then end up only using one. However, I never delete the remaining ones that I don’t use. It’s a vicious cycle. Organizing them into like-folders will not only make it easier to find a specific app when you need it but it will also make your phone appear more organized. It also allows you to see the apps you no longer use so you can delete them which frees up space on your phone. Ultimately, we all know that more space = more speed.
There it is There.
There ya go! 10 things you can do when you are completely bored and it doesn’t involve you spending a dime! Speaking of dimes, want to learn how you can save all your dimes and turn it into $500? Check it out here.
What are some things you like to do when you’re bored? Comment below and let’s help each other kick boredom’s booty! Till next time…